Cape Coast, Ghana

Cape Coast, Ghana

Saturday, March 15, 2014

What?

Last year I applied for a fellowship through Teachers for Global Classrooms (TGC) and got it. The program is funded through the department of state and is basically a year-long professional development program. I've been doing it alongside teaching English this year to high school juniors and seniors at Northwestern HS in Hyattsville, MD.

So far we've completed an online course exploring the need for international education, proposed and began work on our capstone project that integrates global education into our classrooms, and just last month attended the global education symposium here in Washington, DC.

The last segment of the program involves an in-country field experience and that is how I find myself on a plane to Ghana. Countries were chosen at random for the most part and I feel so lucky to get the opportunity to get this small glimpse into West Africa. It also involves me keeping this blog to document my experience while in Ghana. So with that, I blog for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment